Manufactory of earthenware: Production was established in the early 90th of the 18th century - probably 1791 or 1793 - by Franz Joseph of Vrtba (1759-1830). Initially, it took place in the buildings of the Týnec castle complex . In 1812, a new two-storey rectangular building was built due to expansion of production. In 1866, production stopped and the building remained unused
Týnec nad Sázavou has a very long history. Its name itself indicates that at the place where the Týnec Castle is located these days – on a high cliff above the river – there was a fortified settlement in the ancient times, the so-called Týnec (“enclosure” or “fortification” was “Týn” or “Týnec” in old Czech). There is a probable connection between the settlement and an old trade route leading from southern Bohemia through the town of Sázava and along the Kostelec Castle to Prague.
The castle was probably founded by the King, although its beginning are not recorded. The first written record of Zbořený Kostelec (originally called Kostelec nad Sázavou) are form 1341 when the King Jan Lucemburský forfeits it to Oldřich of Valdek, the owner of the neighbouring Týnec.
Miroslav Němec IČ: 68389205
Klusáčkova 2, 257 41 Týnec nad Sázavou
© 2020 Miroslav Němec s podporou Města Týnec nad Sázavou
Využíváme informační databázi turistické oblasti Posázaví spravované DMO Posázaví o.p.s.